The Truro Open Space Committee is spearheading the update of the town's Open Space and Recreation Plan and has a target completion date of early June 2014. Successful updating of this plan will render Truro eligible for important state open space and recreation grant funding. A vital component of the Plan involves Public Participation which will be garnered through public meetings and completion of a Public Survey which can be completed online by following the link below. Please take a few minutes to share your thoughts on Truro's Open Space and Recreation resources and by doing so help ensure a clean, green future for our town.
Click here to take the online survey.
In accordance with the Charter, this committee has been established as a seven member committee effective January 13,1998, and amended 10/1/01 to all members shall be at large. Charge amended on 5/18/2005 to a five member committee. The Board of Selectmen will be the appointing authority.
|Nick Norman||Chair-Appointment expires 6/30/2018|
|David DeWitt||Member-Appointment expires 6/30/2017|
|Janice Parky||Member-Appointment expires 6/30/2018|
|Tony Hodgin||Member-Appointment expires 6/30/2018|
|Jane Petterson||Member-Appointment expires 6/30/2019|
News & Announcements
- CANDIDATES’ NIGHT, PRE-TOWN MEETING MEETING PUBLIC HEARING ON THE BUDGET INFORMATION ON WARRANT ARTICLES APRIL 10, 2017 STARTING AT 5:00 PM AT THE TRURO COMMUNITY CENTER
- CLOSING OF SHELLFISHING AREA
- Current 2017 Vacancies on Boards, Committees, and Commissions
- YEAR ROUND AFFORDABLE RENTAL HOMES WITH SECTION 8 RENTAL SUBSIDY
- Planning Board Notice of Public Hearing March 30, 2017-Accessory Dwelling Units