Effective December 26, 2020, the Governor Ordered the following:
- Indoor gatherings limited 10 people
- Outdoor gatherings limited to 25 people
- Restaurant seating limited to 25% of seating capacity
- Capacity limited to 25% for office spaces, close contact personal services, places of worship, retail businesses, golf facilities, libraries, health clubs, museums/ cultural/ historical facilities, lodging common areas and more.
These limits supercede previously issued guidance/ orders. View the full Order here.
RECENT ROLLBACKS AND UPDATES
Effective December 13, 2020, the Governor rolled back the re-opening of Massachusetts to Phase 3, Step 1 in response to the increasing positive case numbers, and rising hospitalizations.
This rollback includes:
o Closure of indoor theaters and performance venues;
o Reduced occupancy from 50% to 40% for offices, gyms, places of worship, golf facilities and other sectors with a percentage-based occupancy limits;
o Cuts to outdoor events and gatherings to 50 persons;
o That hosts of outdoor gatherings >25 persons notify their local Board of Health;
o Restaurants to restrict party size to 6 persons; seatings be limited to 90 minutes; patrons to be masked except while eating and drinking and encourages patrons to dine only with members of their household.
o All workplace sectors to follow new guidelines and requirements that reinforce the protective measures of physical distancing and mask compliance.
Below find a summary of several significant changes to previous Orders from Governor Baker, effective November 6, 2020:
1. Order #53 - requires early closure of certain businesses and activities each night by 9:30. This aligns with the updated Stay at Home Advisory. Those businesses include any who serve alcohol.
2. Stay at Home Advisory: Beginning on Friday, November 6 all residents of Massachusetts are advised to stay home between the hours of 10 PM and 5 AM.
* Only leave home to go to work or school or for essential needs such as seeking emergency medical care, going to the grocery store or pharmacy, picking up takeout food, or receiving deliveries. If you do leave home, practice distancing by staying 6 feet away from others and wearing a face covering.
* Do not have gatherings in your home with anyone outside of your household.
* Comply with all governors orders including orders requiring face coverings, limiting gatherings, and mandating early closure of business.
3. - Order #55 - Revised Face Coverings- This requires all persons over the age of 5 to wear a face covering, when in public- both indoors and outdoors. The exclusion for "social distancing" has been removed. This applies to all public establishments and public property and public ways.