Barnstable County Department of Health & Environment
Instructions for Receiving COVID-19 Testing
1. Call your doctor. YOUR DOCTOR DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A DOCTOR IN THE CAPE COD HEALTHCARE SYSTEM.
2. Your doctor will screen you over the phone.
3. Your doctor will determine if you should be tested.
4. If the doctor determines you should be tested, they will fax your information and a prescription for testing to Cape Cod Healthcare.
5. Cape Cod Healthcare will then contact you to set up an appointment and provide instructions.
6. REMEMBER you must have an appointment to get tested or you will be turned away.
7. Finally, if you do not have a doctor, contact the Cape Cod Healthcare Urgent Care Center.