Truro Health Department carries Barnstable County water test kits.
The following types of kits are available for pick-up Monday through Friday from 8AM - 4PM:
- Routine: includes Coliform Bacteria, pH, Conductivity, Iron, Copper, Sodium, Nitrates, and Manganese ($55.00)
- Real Estate Package: includes Coliform Bacteria, pH, Conductivity, Iron, Copper, Sodium, Nitrate, Manganese and VOCs ($140.00)
- Individual sample bottles (prices vary depending on sample type)
If you are in need of a Lead or Radon test, please call ahead as we have to order these specific bottles from the County.
Truro is a pick-up location only; all bottles need to be dropped off with appropriate paperwork and payment to one of the following locations:
- Wellfleet Health Department: 220 West Main Street, Wellfleet MA; Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 8AM - 9:30AM.
- Barnstable County Water Quality Laboratory: 3195 Main Street, Barnstable, MA; Samples are not accepted after 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday, and not after 12:00 PM on Friday
To find out more information regarding the Water Quality Lab and it's requirements including pricing, turn-around times, and tips on how to conduct water tests, click here or call them at 508-375-6605.