Coast Guard Beach
Cold Storage Beach
Corn Hill Beach
Great Hollow Beach
Head of the Meadow Beach
- Any motor vehicle parked at a town landing or beach as of the third Saturday in June through Labor Day, between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm must display a valid parking permit.
- Stickers must be permanently and properly affixed and visible on the on the vehicle to which they are registered.
- Stickers are non-transferable
- Stickers which have been altered, defaced, copied or made unreadable are not valid.
- Garbage and litter of all kinds must be deposited in the specified refuse containers.
- No glass containers or bottles are allowed on any beach at any time.
- All Animals Are Prohibited Between The Hours Of 9:00 am And 6:00 pm, from the third Saturday in June through Labor Day.
- Proper attire required. Nudity is prohibited.
- Overnight sleeping or camping on beaches or in parking areas is prohibited.
- Possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited at ALL times.
- Climbing on dunes is prohibited. Access is allowed only along designated access routes to the beach.
- No boats may be left overnight except in the designated areas of Corn Hill and Noon's Landing.
- Anyone found in violation of these rules may be subject to fines and removal of beach sticker.
A. Criminal Complaint Whoever violates any of the above rules and regulations shall be punished by a fine of not more than fifty ($50) for each offense. A violation of each specific rule or regulation shall be deemed a separate offense and each day on which a violation occurs or continues shall be deemed a separate offense, subject to the penalties stated herein.
B. Non-Criminal Disposition As an alternative to initiating criminal proceeding pursuant to subsection A above, the enforcing agent may dispose of a violation of these rules and regulations pursuant to the following procedures. Whoever violated any provision of these rules and regulations may, in the discretion of the Police Officers, Beach Director or Head Lifeguard, be penalized by a non-criminal complaint pursuant to the provisions of M.G.L Chapter 40, Section 21D. Whoever violates any rule or regulation as stated above shall be subject to a fine of twenty-five ($25) for each separate offense. A violation of each specific rule or regulation shall be deemed a separate offense, and each day on which a violation occurs or continues shall be deemed a separate offense, subject to the penalties stated herein.
Appeals to these Rules and Regulations may be made directly to the Beach Supervisor.
Despite their hearty appearance, the dunes are remarkably fragile. Beach grass anchors the shifting sands of the dunes, protecting the beaches from erosion. Please keep to the established paths and observe the rights of private property owners. Climbing or biking on the dunes is dangerous and is prohibited on all of the Truro Town Beaches.
In an effort to increase beach access for individuals with disabilities, Corn Hill beach is equipped with a boardwalk leading out to the beach and Head of the Meadow beach is equipped with a mobi-mat to allow access. Beach wheel chairs are available for use at Corn Hill between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm daily June 16th through September 2nd. Handicap access portable toilets are available at all beaches.As of June 2013, both Corn Hill Beach and Head of the Meadow Beach have mobi-mats for wheelchairs and other mobility-assistance devices.
Piping Plovers, Terns and other endangered birds nest along the beaches in Truro. Periodically, areas of beach may be restricted to the public. Please obey the signs posted in the bird’s nesting areas. Absolutely No Dogs Or Other Animals Allowed In Protected Areas. Piping plovers are protected by State and Federal Law. It is the intention of our town to provide a safe environment to help these endangered species. Your cooperation and respect is greatly appreciated.